It’s been a while since my last food post so I thought I’d make todays post about my two super easy to make guilt free snacks that I absolutely love! The first is a homemade granola bar and the second is my homemade hummus. Both of these are insanely delicious, takes basically no effort at all to make & are both good for you. These two recipes are vegan friendly & can be modified to your liking by adding any additional ingredients you might like. I’m going to split these two recipes into two different posts.
Homemade Granola Bar:
– Natural unsalted almonds
– Almond butter (you can use peanut butter or any other nut butters you’d like)
– Maple Syrup (or honey if you prefer)
1. I took out the seeds from 10 dates & put the dates into a blender. Blend until the consistency is smooth & thick like in the picture above.
2. Toast 1 1/2 cups of oats with a handful of almonds (you can add more or less if you’d like)
3. Set aside toasted oats & almond with the date paste
4. In a saucepan (on low heat) heat up 2 tablespoons of almond butter with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
5. Once the almond butter & maple syrup have melted and are mixed well pour it into your oats mixture and fold until everything is evenly coated.
6. Pour mixture on a baking sheet and press down
You can really add anything you’d like to the granola bar, chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruits, seeds etc I added dried apricots to mine.
7. Put in the fridge for 10-15 minutes & cut up into bars.
Hope you guys enjoyed this post! Trust me you’ll want to try out this recipe because it tastes amazing.