I love buying flowers to decorate my apartment & often stick with basic white or red roses & replace them once they die. I’ve found a great use for my roses once they’re dead & wanted to share it with you guys! Now this DIY can be modified in so many different ways, so it’s great that you will be able to make one that you love or just making one with ingredients you might already have. (It’s so so cheap & works just as well as a body scrub you’d buy at a store).
The ingredients I use for my body scrub is:
– Himalayan pink salt
– Rose water
– 2 dried roses
– Coconut oil
Now like I said you can modify this to your liking & can easily swap out items. I used pink salt to get the colour but you can use regular salt. Instead of red roses you can use any colour you like. You can swap out coconut oil, though I recommend using it because it has so many benefits for your skin. You can also add a few drops of essential oil if you’d like.
1. I used 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. (after I put it into the microwave for about 20 seconds)
2. Pour in 4 tablespoons of salt & then add 3 tablespoons on sugar.
3. Use a blender to break up your rose petals into little bits. Use pulse rather than a full on blend to make sure it doesn’t become too fine & powdery.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of rosewater into the mix
5. Mix it all together. Like I said you can modify this so if you’d like then add in some essential oil.
6. I like to store mine in a jar & use a scoop in the shower 2-3 times a week.
I hope you liked this post & let me know if you try this DIY out!
Be sure to check out & follow my Instagram if you’d like to see more regular/personal posts. Just click here! x